21 July 2009
The Art of Meditation
I haven't meditated for a long time now. I almost forgot how. But I am a creature of habit so recalling how I used to meditate in times like this comes back easily because it is already inherent to me.
When escaping physically seems to be an impossible feat to achieve, just have a time out and meditate. Here's how to do it:
1. Go inside your room or a quiet place. When you live with other people and you think you will be unable to meditate with someone staring at you, just go inside your bathroom. Place a clean mat and sit there. I always do that!
2. Dim the lights or draw the curtains.
3. Use scented candles or essences if you like but make sure you don't place that next to the curtain or instead of meditating, you'll end up putting out a fire!
4. Close your eyes and visualize.
5. Do some chanting or say something over and over. My best line is always this "I am in control. I am in control..."
6. Take a deep breathe. Breathe in and out. Each time you do that, savor every breath you take like it is your last.
These work for me and I am sure there are more ways to do meditation apart from what I have shared. Try it and you'll be amazed by the peace that will permeate your life after that.