I scoured the internet for ways to take care of the kidneys. Here are some tips:
- Watch your blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Live an active life by exercising regularly.
- Drink plenty of water. What our parents told us when we were young about drinking at least 8 glasses of water is very true.
- Avoid consumption of refined and processed food like breads, cakes, canned goods.
- Reduce red meant consumption.
- Decrease salt intake.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Reduce caffeine.
- Manage stress.
- Have a kidney cleanse by detoxifying. Consult your physician when you are going to do this.
Do not take for granted these important organs in your body. They help filter impurities in our blood, remove toxins in the system, help regulate the calcium and water levels in our body and monitor blood composition.