|Photo credit: thehindu.com|
This fruit is rich in beta-carotene. It is also rich in potassium, iron, calcium and Vitamin C and is a good natural source of fibre. Here are some health benefits of eating apricots:
- Helps ease constipation because it can act as a mild laxative due to its cellulose and pectin content.
- Helps indigestion because it produces alkaline reaction on the body system. You can take one apricot before meal to aid digestion.
- The juice can help your body to cool down during fever.
- It helps treat skin diseases like scabies, sunburn, rashes, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Helps in anemia because it is rich in iron.