|Photo credit: local.sandiego.com|
There are so many ways to enjoy the blistering heat of the sun here and you can do it indoors or even outdoors either very early morning or during the night. Here are fun ways to enjoy summer while battling the heat of the long summer months:
1. Learn how to cook and bake with your family and friends. This is an indoor activity which can be enjoyed by everyone. You don't have to shell out a big amount of money to pay someone to teach you. Research and save some easy-to-make or easy-to-bake recipes and shop for the ingredients.
2. Do some arts and crafts project like scrapbooking and making handmade cards of various occasion. If you have small kids around, let them take part in the project by giving them simple tasks like coloring or pasting shapes or embellishments you will use in your project. Make fun stuff with them and you'll never realize how fun summer can be even while at home.
3. Go for a very early or late afternoon jog or walk around the park. If you have been delaying your weight loss goals for some time, summer is a good way to sweat it out. Be sure to bring water to cool yourself off and a handy towel to wipe away the perspiration.
4. Go to the beach in the morning or late in the afternoon and enjoy the ocean breeze.
5. Window-shop and enjoy the cool airconditioned malls. You save money by not switching your a/c at home. However, make sure you stick to your purpose of only to window-shop and walk around the mall.
6. Learn a new language, musical instrument or a new skill.
7. Have slumber party at home and invite your friends over for a nice movie-marathon night.
8. Clean your house. Re-organize and spruce your habitat.
9. Volunteer to some civic organizations and render your skills and service to help others.
10. Write a blog or start a blog.
11. Make a playlist of your favorite songs and organize them.
12. Make a smoothie! This is one of my fave to do!
13. Go to the museum or art galleries and try soaking in the culture and art.
14. Go on a vacation preferably somewhere cold :)
The list goes on. If you have other ways of enjoying the blistering heat, please feel free to share them here. Have fun this summer! Don't forget to dress lightly and wear protective SPF if you must.