|Photo credit: yahoo.com/images|
Flaxseed is also known as linseed. This crops has been planted during the ancient times and is still commercially produced for its health and other benefits. It is also the riches plant source of omega-3 fatty acids and lignans.
The ancient crop list many health benefits which are the following:
- Fights constipation, diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps prevent cancer
- Prevents diabetes
- Boosts immune system
- Helps manage weight and good for weight loss
- Enhances memory, mood, and attention
- Reduces symptoms of Menopause
- Reduces the risk of stroke and aids in the prevention of heart diseases
- Prevents or aids in the control of hypertension
This wonder crop can be ingested whole, crushed, ground or in oil form.