What you need:
- Plain card stock for the card, I used 4 x 6 inches cardstock
- Patterned papers cut in various sizes (my favorite brand is Bo Bunny and K & Company but there are a lot more with fancy designs in the craft mart)
- Matting papers (any solid or block colored card stock or art paper will do) for background and framing
- Cut-out letters - H E L L O or any greetings or sentiments you want to use
- Glue for the flat-back pearls
- Fine tip tweezers to pick up the small flat-back pearls
- Double-sided tape or roller adhesive tape
- 3-d foam with double adhesive
- Ribbon, about 8 to 10 inches long and folded for double-ribbon effect
- Embellishments: butterfly chipboard and flat-back pearls (about 3mm diameter) in pink and cream. I got the flat back pearls from Qrhinestones of Etsy. (You should check Emily's Qrhinestones for more beads and fancy gems to use on your projects. She ships very promptly too!)
- Optional: Pigment inkpads for side-inking effect (I used a pigment-based ink to ink the edge of the yellow matting paper)
(This project can be done in less than 15 minutes as long as you have everything you need within your reach.)
And here's how you do it:
- Gather your materials.
- Apply adhesive at the back of the matting and patterned paper .
- Layer the papers together, arranging them in gradual decrease in size. Do not stick the papers on the cardstock yet at this point as we will add ribbon later. I always tuck the edge of my ribbon beneath the matting papers for a clean finish. I also inked the side of the yellow paper for some drama and emphasis.
- Cut out some small strips of 3-D foam with adhesives and adhere to the cut-out letters.
- Fold the ribbon in half and make a bow. This method will create a double ribbon in one knot. Tuck the edges under the biggest matting paper. Now, apply double-adhesive tape on the biggest matting. Peel off the protective film of the adhesive.
- Stick the matting papers which is now your card topper on the card stock.
- Stick a butterfly embellishment at the edge and dot some glue to stick the cream flat-back pearls.
- Now dot an undulating line on top of the letters and stick the pink flat-back pearls.
- And now, you have your simple card done!