I got hooked ever since I bought my first arts and craft supplies from a seller on Etsy. There are plenty of reasons why I love buying at Etsy. Here are some reasons why:
- I like the fact that I can message the seller directly through their shop in Etsy and the response time is rather quick. I contacted another craft supplier's website but it took more than 2 days before I got a response. In Etsy, I think the sellers are almost (always) online which is good.
- I made some comparison and most of the sellers' prices are similar to the ones I have seen in the website but the shipping costs of most Etsy sellers are very competitive; oftentimes, much lower than the websites I have visited.
- I have encountered several Etsy sellers and they are very accommodating and nice. They are willing to give a customized quote for all your purchases so you don't have to pay additional shipping for each item and get clubbed together resulting to a higher shipping rate.
- They offer fabulous discounts and coupon codes for repeat customers.
- Some of the sellers even have "bloggers" incentives and they will give you several items for free in exchange of a review. Isn't that nice? I managed to get $30 worth of free flat back gems and pearls because of this.
- Most of the items sold in Etsy (not just the arts and crafts category) are HANDMADE! I am a staunch supporter of "buying handmade" stuff because I am a handmade card maker. I know the love and passion that goes in every stuff they make and the time they spent to create it.
- Most Etsy sellers are micro-businesses which I love to support because some of them are stay-at-home-moms who try to sell their creations and supplies to augment their household income. If I have my way, I will also sell my handmade cards via Etsy but not just now.
Etsy is a community of 15 million sellers and business coming together to provide distinct items to sell and showcase to the world. I love Etsy and I encourage you to support handmade, thriving small/micro business and budding artists.