Photo not mine
It's not easy to grow up having pimples because it is when you're very conscious of your appearance and the last thing you want to see is a pimple resting happily on your face. However, if you're young and in the adolescent period, don't just wish yourself to adulthood because even adults can develop pimples. As a matter of fact, even those in their 40s can have one or two.
There are plenty of pimple ointment and cream that you can buy over the counter. Nothing beats the homemade and natural ones that you can use at home. Here are some natural pimple busters that you can use to ward those blemishes.
- Lemon juice has anti bacterial properties that will help treat pimples. You can dip a cotton ball to the lemon juice and apply on the affected area. Leave for 20 minutes and wash with cool water.
- Strawberries - This yummy fruit is a natural source of salicylic acid. Make a strawberry mask by mashing some strawberries and mixing 1 tablespoon of honey, few lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a clean bowl. Apply on your clean face and leave for 15 minutes then wash it off with water.
- Cucumber - This cool vegetable can ease swelling and redness, just apply the cucumber pulp on the affected area.
- Aloe Vera - This plant can help heal pimples and its soothing properties help in ease pain and inflammation. Apply the pulp of the aloe vera leaf on the affected area.
- Ground cinnamon - Cinnamon has an antiseptic properties so you can make a mask by mixing 2 tablespoons of organic honey to ground cinnamon. Make sure it is enough to make a light mask. Apply on the affected area for 20 mins, and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Tea Tree Oil - This has antimicrobial properties which can eliminate bacterias causing acne/pimple flareups. Apply a drop of tea tree oil on the affected area.
There are more natural remedies for pimples that you can easily make home. Try some of this and save not just your skin from chemicals but also save money by making these home remedies.