As a blogger, traveler, Instagram and Pinterest fan, having an easy way to edit and beautify my photos for posting is a must. I know there is Photoshop where I can do serious make-over on my photos and graphics but it is an expensive program to use if you only need few edit to create a beautiful collage or update a photo. I want to be able to access a program that is super user-friendly and easily available anywhere I go. FotoJet fits that bill!
What is FotoJet?
FotoJet is an online collage maker, and photo editing tool that you can access anywhere you go as long as you have a computer and an internet to connect to.
What I like:
- I like the easy to use features in the site.
- The interface is not cluttered and frankly, it’s very predictable. Like, I don’t need a manual to navigate my way around the program.
- If you need to know more tips and tricks, and get more ideas on how to use the online program and what you can create using the different features available, you can just go to their “Resources” tab on the bottom of the site to read more articles featuring the different tools.
- It is online! That means, I do not have to download it to my PC.
- It can work any in operating system.
- It has many features that you can use to edit photos, create beautiful collages, even make a card and invites!
I created the above collage using the collage feature. It only took me almost a minute to make this simple collage to post here. Here is a sample of the interface of FotoJet to give you an idea of how it looks and feel using the online photo editing tool.
- It has ready made templates that you can use for cards, flyers, brochures, banners, invitations, and many more. You can also customise them according to the style, colours, and other preferences that you want.
- I am amazed by the number of projects you can create using FotoJet and this will come very handy when you want to create your very own greeting cards!
What I don’t like:
You have to subscribe either monthly or annually to be able to access their added features. It is similar to Picmonkey where you can only use those extra (and SUPER COOL!) features when you pay a certain membership fee. However, you still get to use the program using the other free features and tools.
Here are the tabs on the left side of the work area where you can access the different features available when editing a photo:
Making a Collage
Creating your own project using templates to customize
I recommend this online program to edit your photos and creating lovely projects you can use for whatever it will serve you best. As for me, I have been a Picmonkey Royale member for several years now and I must admit that I have compared the two in terms of ease of use, features, and pricing. FotoJet’s exclusive subscription fee for users who want to use the full features of the program is a tad higher than what I regularly pay for my annual membership. However, features-wise, both are powerful online photo editing tool that can be used easily if you’re in a quick fix or simply do not want to be bothered subscribing to the powerful Photoshop of Adobe (which I am also a subscriber!). I still gravitate using the simpler versions of editing photos such as this one.
Also, the user-friendly interface can be navigated even by the non-tech savvy people because it has clean website structure, easy to find buttons and quite predictable too. One does not require any manual to be able to use FotoJet’s features. Maybe a basic understanding of how to edit photos and the what the various effects do when applied to your project to enhance it, add drama, provide vivid colours, or sharpen a focal point. The rest is just up to you to use your imagin
So, if you’re ready to make projects or editing photos, just visit www.FotoJet.com and create your free account or simple log-in using your Facebook profile.