When we learn about a struggling family in your community, deep down inside we all have a desire to help our friends in need. That’s what being a good neighbour is all about. It’s also part of human nature.
Families can find themselves in dire need of financial assistance for a wide variety of reasons. As an example, maybe a young member of the family was recently diagnosed with cancer and medical insurance is not going to pay for their entire cancer treatment. In a situation like this, in order to help save the young person’s life, the family will take whatever aid they can get to help the youngster get treated and beat their illness.
When we hear about situations like this, many of us will do everything that we can to support this family during their time of need. On the other hand, if you’d really like to help the family and provide serious financial assistance, the best way to pull this off is through online fundraising via crowdfunding.
Learn about the five step process that we feel all families in need should immediately implement.
5 Steps Online Fundraising Process for Families in Need
1. Discover the best way that fundraising can serve the family – if you are not a member of the immediate family, it’s up to you to determine the best way to help the family in need via online fundraising. Contact them and tell them about how you want to help. Let them know that you want to create a crowdfunding page on their behalf. Respectfully ask them about the biggest challenges they are going to face during their time of need and ask them how financial support might help them ease their difficult burden. After speaking with them a few times, you’ll be able to begin to set up a page on the crowdfunding platform of your choice, for example Plumfund, and compassionately tell their compelling story. And you’ll also be able to ask for specific funds and provide an explanation as to why this money would help.
2. Choosing the perfect fundraiser name – finding the right name for the fundraising campaign is also an important step in the process. It’s always best to use the word “family” within the title because it helps to better explain the situation. A great example of a positive crowdfunding title is “Help Mary Murphy’s Family”.
3. Creating the perfect fundraising description – fundraisers that are oriented toward helping families must gain visibility within the local community in order to achieve the right level of awareness. Without visibility, you’ll never reach your overall fundraising goals and you won’t be able to help the family as much as you desire. When creating the description, use words that people will most likely look for when looking to donate to worthy causes. Make sure the name is clever so that people become inspired and interested. Finally, make it descriptive and add plenty of details to attempt to attract a diverse audience.
4. Use photos and videos to increase understanding – photos and videos will really help to spruce up the donation page. Plus, when people get to look at pictures and watch videos of the family, their hearts will instantly open up and they’ll feel more compelled to donate to the cause.
5. Use social media to spread the word – the best way to gain traction and hopefully make the campaign go viral is to share it through social media. When the page is shared on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media sites, plenty of people will begin to see it and before long donations will start pouring in.
Using online fundraising to help a family in need is really easy when you follow our five step process. To become a real hero to a desperate family in your community, please follow our guidance and help them with online crowdfunding today.
Title: Super-Connector at OutreachMama
Wendy is a super-connector with OutreachMama and Youth Noise NJ who helps businesses find their audience online through outreach, partnerships, and networking. She frequently writes about the latest advancements in digital marketing and focuses her efforts on developing customised blogger outreach plans depending on the industry and competition. You can contact her on Twitter.
Twitter Handle: @outreachmama
Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/outreachmama
Website URL: http://www.outreachmama.com/
Please follow and like us: